Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Web of Text, Links, and Graphics: A Foray Into the World of Website Design

Remember when I said the website design program Dreamweaver might take some more getting used to? Yeah, about that...hahaha. Today I embarked on the first stages of entering the revised list of online databases into a new web page. And formatting images, and links (which go to other web pages), and jump links (which go to a different spot on that same page). It seems to me the most important thing to remember about constructing a web page is to not click and drag because it will wreak havoc with the layout and also to never accidentally hit the "enter" key. However things all seem to be coming together nicely, and hopefully by the time I have finished compiling that list of databases, I will have acquired enough of a basic knowledge of HTML computer code that my web page will blend smoothly with the rest of the Library's online setup.

On a side note, but still on the same topic, I learned how to enter links into blogs. If you click on the Harry Potter Party in the previous post, it should now take you to the description of the party! Hope to see you all there!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the informative and well-written posts! I'm enjoying learning more about the library through your perspective as an intern. It's fun reading how you and the other staff there prepare for the various activities you offer, as well as the different aspects of your job that you have to learn. I didn't realize that you had to know so many different things. I also like the sense of humor that comes through in your writing. Good luck with your internship!

    ReplyDelete