Monday, June 1, 2009

One of my Favorite Things

Today was quite an adventure. This morning kicked off with how to remove the leftover tax forms and begun the process of another major project: compiling and annotating the list of Wadleigh's online databases. Eventually, I, with my mentors, may be redoing that section of our website to make it more accessible and user friendly. However, as a result of this, I feel slightly like I'm under a technical-computer overload with the rapid addition of two new programs to my repertoire: Dreamweaver and Microsoft Publisher. Publisher seems to be an endlessly useful program with its roots in templates for posters, brochures, and other small print publications. I'm looking forward to using it for promoting a Career and Employment display, as well as organizing that list of the online databases into some sort of pamphlet. Dreamweaver might take some more getting used to!

But anyway, this afternoon I got to perform one of my favorite tasks at the library: calling people when the books they have requested have come in. Talk about an easy way to make someone smile! "Hi! That book you've been waiting for forever is here! Yes, you can check it out now! No, you don't owe any fines! Sure, come on in!" You can just hear the smile get bigger over the phone. Definitely one of the best parts of working in a library.

No comments:

Post a Comment